No default TTL

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Aug 10 23:21:50 UTC 2000

Put a $TTL directive at the top of your master files. It takes an
argument of how long the default TTL for the zone should be: you can
either use a plain number, which is interpreted as seconds, or numbers
combined with letters signifying time units, e.g. "1d" = 1 day = "86400"
(seconds).

Or, alternatively, if you want your default TTL to be the same as your
negative caching TTL (the last field of the SOA record), then just
ignore the warnings, since that's what named will use in the absence of
a $TTL directive anyway, as it was used to prior to RFC 2308.

- Kevin