Pointing MX Records at CNAMES

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Tue Aug 15 18:48:22 UTC 2000

	Thank you very much.  The engine I am working on is
definitely not the end-all and be-all of dns management, but it
should make it possible to allow trusted members of our work
group to manage aliases safely if I am gone for a day or so.
I am not even going to try to verify the type of record involved
if someone points A CNAME or MX record to an address outside our
domain.  The people who can use this software will be asked to
always verify any address that is not ours before creating a
resource record by nslookup

Martin McCormick