A few questions about reverse Lookup

Steve steve at stevenet.olafsolutions.com
Thu Aug 17 18:45:31 UTC 2000

Hi Everyone,

Im new to the mailing list and I am a little unsure about reverse
lookups..

1. I configured reverse lookup on my server, they work ok in nslookup
   locally, but they do not work on the outside.

   I have a frame realy connection going to a name server.  The domain
   name is olafsolutions.com and the ip is 64.244.3.245.

   Doesn't reverse lookup supposed to work remotely ???

2. What errors and problems occur when reverse lookups are not
   configured???

3. Does Sendmail rely on reverse lookups for relaying messages ???

Any explanition will be helpful,

Thanks
Steve

steve at stevenet.olafsolutions.com