How do i delegate i.p addresses ??

Gerald Waugh gerald at waugh.com
Fri Aug 18 04:19:15 UTC 2000

One advantage of reverse lookups is that if someone queries (dig, nslookup)
your IP, it will be resolved to your domain, else it will resolve to Digex,
sometimes it's nice to have your own domain name appear. Makes you look more
like the real thing, instead of looking like a virtual site.

If you add a record in /etc/hosts (*nux) or \windows\hosts for your domain,
I believe sendmail will be happy, I am not sure about windows, but it works
on Linux.
--
Gerald Waugh
http://FrontStreetNetworks.Com

news:Pine.BSO.4.21.0008172236340.26224-100000 at www.stevenet.olafsolutions.com

> Thanks for your help !!
>
> One more question :  How important is reverse lookups and would having
> them working properly make relaying with Sendmail configuration eaiser ??
>

> Thanks again,
> Steve
>

> On Thu, 17 Aug 2000, Kevin Darcy wrote:
>

> > Whoever owns the parent zone of your C-class'es in-addr.arpa zone needs
> > delegate it to you. In this case, it would appear that Digex owns
> > 244.64.in-addr.arpa. Looks like they currently have
3.244.64.in-addr.arpa