Email Settings

Tilman Schmidt Tilman.Schmidt at sema.de
Mon Aug 21 06:52:16 UTC 2000

At 12:38 18.08.00 -0700, Rusl wrote:
>   Is it possible if I am going to setup 4 domain in 1 email server and 1
>IP Address? But the Clients will only check 1 email address.  Instead of
>using 4 email servers and Checking 4 email address.

Yes, of course. Just configure the mail server to accept mail for all
four domains (ie. put all of them in the sendmail.cw file in case you
use sendmail) and point the MX RRs of all four domains to it.

>   Example:
>
>    mail.domain.com            specified as 192.168.0.18
>    mail1.domain1.com          specified as 192.168.0.18
>    mail2.domain2.com          specified as 192.168.0.18
>    mail3.domain3.com          specified as 192.168.0.18

No need for that, a single address record will suffice, so:

mail.domain.com IN A 192.168.0.18
domain.com      IN MX 10 mail.domain.com.
domain1.com     IN MX 10 mail.domain.com.
domain2.com     IN MX 10 mail.domain.com.
domain3.com     IN MX 10 mail.domain.com.

will do what you want.

--
Tilman Schmidt          E-Mail: Tilman.Schmidt at sema.de (office)
Sema Group Koeln, Germany       tilman at schmidt.bn.uunet.de (private)