NDC vs. kill -HUP

Jesus Couto jesus.couto at innosec.es
Mon Aug 21 13:56:24 UTC 2000

	Sorry for the delay, had to check the test server at the office...

	Yes, I'm using the ndc from the bind 8.2.2p5 source tarball,
and using channel mode (-c to the channel) and it doesnt restart named
with the original arguments. Checking the ndc code, the command() function
calls builtincmd(), and thats where "restart" is processed as 2 calls,
stop_named(pid) and start_named(pid). So the restart code in named does
not seem to be called from anywere in ndc...

	Again, its high probable that I'm overlooking something, cause its
hard to believe that nobody tried it till now. Any ideas?

						Jesus Couto F.