Installing bind manpages

Tilman Schmidt Tilman.Schmidt at sema.de
Wed Aug 23 15:37:34 UTC 2000

At 18:26 22.08.00 -0600, Cinense, Mark wrote:

>Can someone tell me why when I run this:
>
># make install
>
>I get this:
>
>dig.1 -> dig.lst1
>nroff: Cannot find library -mandoc

That's because make tries to reformat the manpages instead of
using the already formatted ones. (Why? I do not know.) For this
it needs the "mandoc" nroff macros, as it says in the INSTALL
file contained in the src tarball:

        You may
        need to install the doc/tmac files in your nroff/troff support
        directory since we use the newer BSD "mandoc" system for our "man"
        pages.

>I sure would like to get the manpages installed.  thanks, for any help...

I couldn't get the doc/man/Makefile to do anything useful either,
and ended up copying the formatted manpages (*.lst*) to their places
manually.

--
Tilman Schmidt          E-Mail: Tilman.Schmidt at sema.de (office)
Sema Group Koeln, Germany       tilman at schmidt.bn.uunet.de (private)