Tricky DNS configuration. Help!

Tony Bassette kult at april.org
Thu Aug 24 13:57:43 UTC 2000

	Hi

	I need to set up a DNS for an intranet (that's the easy part).  Let's
	call this "G".

	This DNS delegates zones to other servers that are not on the same
	network.  Let's call them F1 and F2.

	F1 and F2 are themselves DNS's for a couple of intranets containing a
	forward to an ISP used to resolve names other than their own domains.

	On F1 and F2, is it possible to configure the DNS so that it searches
	both the ISP's DNS and the "G" DNS for domain resolution?

	For example, F1 handles the toto.com domain (intranet) and F2 handles
	the titi.com domain (intranet) and "G" handles plop.com (intranet) but
	recognizes toto.com and titi.com thanks to the zone delegation.

	How do I configure the DNS of F1 and F2 for this?

	If this is not possible, I'm thinking of setting up a forward from F1
	and F2 towards "G". (This solution is very far of what I wanted because
	I have to limit the traffic towards "G").

	My new problem is this:  what hardware set up is needed to handle
	requests from 150 000 users?

	Thank you very much.

--
o Pétition contre les brevets logiciels : http://petition.eurolinux.org