regarding internal DNS servers

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Mon Aug 28 23:13:28 UTC 2000

Are those other workstations running their own local nameservers? If so,
then they won't know to ask your server about names in
"voip.usr.com" unless that zone is delegated from "usr.com" or they have
been given *explicit* instructions on how to resolve the names, i.e. in
BIND terms, unless "voip.usr.com" is defined as a slave/stub/forward
zone on all of those workstations -- not a particularly
maintainable/scalable solution. Perhaps you should talk with the
administrators of usr.com to see about getting a delegation from them.

- Kevin