unapproved update problem

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Fri Dec 1 17:31:38 UTC 2000

    Sergio> Hi all, In my log appear a message like that:
    Sergio> unapproved update from [207.xxx.yyy.zzz].2555 for domain.com
    Sergio> what I have to do tot fix it ?

Either stop 207.xxx.yyy.zzz sending unapproved updates for this zone -
why did you conceal the name and address? - or else let these updates
succeed by allowing that host to scribble all over the contents of the
domain.com zone.

Consult the list archives and FAQ for more information. This question
is asked so often, I can't be bothered giving a detailed reply.

You might also want to fix the mangled NS and MX records for your zone:

	% dig clickeffect.com any
	clickeffect.com.        IN NS     ns2.inetpres.com.com.
	clickeffect.com.        IN NS     ns.inetpres.com.com.
	clickeffect.com.        IN A      64.16.55.65
	clickeffect.com.        IN MX     10 mail.clickeffect.com.com

Nobody can reach the advertised clickeffect.com name servers or figure
out how to deliver mail to that domain. Since there's no com.com
domain!