slave server problem

Len Conrad lconrad at Go2France.com
Mon Dec 4 13:35:30 UTC 2000

>   Hi all,
>  I have a problem about my slave name server. It doesn't read the master
>server's db file so it doesn't update it's db file. I restarted the named
>deamon at my master server and slave server both but it didn't read it
>again. I removed the db file at the slave server to force it to take it from
>master server but it didn't! Does anybody know that what can i do about it ?
>Thank you.

dig @master somedomain.tr any

and see if the answer comes back with 'aa' flag, meaning
"authoritative answers". If no 'aa', the zone xfer will not
occur.  fix the probably syntax errors in the master zone file.

If still stuck, turn logging on both ns's and see what errors are logged.

Len

BIND8NT.MEIway.com : Binary for ISC BIND 8.2.3 T6B for NT4 & W2K
IMGate.MEIway.com  : Build free, hi-perf, anti-spam mail gateways