How can I switch Slave Server to Primary ?

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Mon Dec 4 17:39:18 UTC 2000

On Mon, Dec 04, 2000 at 07:00:05PM +0900, Rahul Parasnis wrote:
> Hello All,
> How can I switch Slave Server to Primary in-case Primary is down .
> I know that it depends on expire Value, but how can make the Slave server as Primary , if I can not receover Primary at all?
>
> I have to write a procedure for this, I was wondering if anyone has this procedure already ?
>
> Thanking you ...
>
> - Rahul

In /etc/named.conf, change the slaves to point to the new master, and
change the master to declare itself a master.  Force them all to
re-read their configurations.

You might also want to restore the master's "named.conf", since a
slave's version is nowhere near as readable.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B