DNS w/Win2k

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Dec 6 23:33:03 UTC 2000

It's not that hard to reconfigure a slave as a master in the case of a
master failure. This could probably be scripted fairly easily. You'd have
to be careful, however, on recovery, to make sure the original master is
completely sync'ed with the zone before it starts accepting updates again.
Otherwise you could lose updates that were sent to the slave and
subsequently overlaid by a zone transfer.

- Kevin