allow-recursion + FreeBSD + bind 8.2.2patch7

Micke Johansson micke at listmail.c64.net
Thu Dec 7 20:21:09 UTC 2000

Hi!

Well yes i asked about the same A record several times and the TTL were
1day, but after some more testing i noticed that made a "idiot" misstake
when querying the BSD/OS and Linux box ( didnt specify which nameserver to
query , so on the local server box it used what was in resolv.conf which
wasnt the local server itself *duhh*)

But anyway i were pretty sure that i had seen this before ( when using
allow-recursion the non-allowed host didnt get back the A record even when
it was cached on the dns ) but i must have made a similar mistake back
then.

Anyhow wouldnt the preferd behavior be that it didnt answer even if the
record was cached? because now a non-allowed host could get a answer back
depending on that it was queryed by a allowed one previously.

Best regards
Michael