Unable to sync between pri & sec dns servers

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Sat Dec 9 03:57:42 UTC 2000

		You really need to include a section of the log showing the failures.
Are there
  any other errors in the log file, especially during the loading of the
zones?

		Danny
At 01:07 AM 12/8/00 -0800, George Irwin wrote:

>Currently, I've two servers configured as primary & secondary dns servers.
However, the primary dns server is unable to transfer the zone files over
to the secondary dns server when there are changes done to it. I did
increment the serial number and the ip address were specified correctly.
I've included the config files for my primary & secondary dns server.
Please let me know if you sopt the problem.

>Primary dns server
>
>options {
>directory "/var/named";
>auth-nxdomain yes;
>};
>acl dnsserver {xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;};
>zone "." IN {
>type hint;
>file "named.ca";
>};
>zone "localhost" IN {
>type master;
>file "local.host";
>};
>zone "0.0.127.in-addr.arpa" IN {
>type master;
>file "local.rev";
>};
>zone "abc.com" IN {
>type master;
>file "abc.host";
>allow-transfer {dnsserver;};
>notify yes;
>};
>zone "xxx.xxx.xxx.in-addr.arpa" IN {
>type master;
>file "abc.rev";
>allow-transfer {dnsserver;};
>notify yes;
>};
>
>Secondary dns server
>options {
>directory "/var/named";
>};
>zone "." {
>type hint;
>file "named.ca";
>};
>zone "0.0.127.in-addr.arpa" {
>type master;
>file "local.rev";
>};
>zone "localhost" {
>type master;
>file "local.host";
>};
>zone "abc.com" {
>type slave;
>file "abc.host";
>masters {xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx; };
>};
>zone "xxx.xxx.xxx.in-addr.arpa" {
>type slave;
>file "abc.rev";
>masters {xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx; };
>};
>
>The other question is on the secondary server, after adding a new zone on
the named.conf file, it didn't fetch the new zone file from the primary
server after restarting the named services. However, I'm able to manually
transfer the zone file from the primary dns server.