Reverse lookups

Tim Maestas tmaestas at dnsconsultants.com
Sat Dec 9 20:06:47 UTC 2000

	Typically, clients will not look past the first PTR record
	returned.  While you *can* defined multiple PTR records for
	the same address, this is usually useless.

	If you are simply doing web hosting with virtual domains
	it really shouldn't matter what host is returned on a
	reverse lookup.  Usually only security concerned apps will
	perform a reverse lookup on the incoming IP, and then
	perform a forward lookup on the resulting hostname to
	attempt to insure that the IP is not being spoofed.  In any
	case this should not cause you a problem.

-Tim