Multiple Subnets?

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Mon Dec 11 17:42:53 UTC 2000

On Sun, Dec 10, 2000 at 01:36:36AM -0800, Rob Ruth wrote:
> I have a single domain that has two external subnets. We have our primary subnet, 63.x.x.x, and our secondary @ 204.x.x.x. Both of these connections need to point to the same domain. Can somebody point me in the direction of some docs on setting up Bind for multiple subnets.

No difference in forward lookups.  Just list names and their addresses
in the domain's zone file.  Or, if you prefer, make one or both
sub-domains with their own zone files.  These can be handled by the
same machine or different machines.

You will need separate reverse lookup zones, of course, for the two
different sets of IP addresses.  As above, these can be handled by the
same machine or different machines.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B