subdomain server

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Mon Dec 18 17:07:19 UTC 2000

On Sat, Dec 16, 2000 at 10:08:06PM +0100, Jeroen Wijdogen wrote:
> i have a working subdomain on the internet, is it possible to make a local
> subdomain nameserver. I know it isn't possible to make a
> subdomainname-server for over the internet but how can make a
> subdomainnameserver working.
> Have someone seen it working before or has a working configuration ?
>
> Grt Jeroen W

It is perfectly possible to have a name server for a subdomain, both
over the Internet and locally.  In fact, a name such as "a2000.nl" is a
subdomain of "nl".  This is just the normal way to construct a name
server.

What do you have [including real domain names]?  What do you want to
have?

Have you read Albitz & Liu's book, "DNS and BIND" [3rd edition]?

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B