status of bind

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Thu Dec 21 13:33:57 UTC 2000

On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 09:39:45PM -0500, mjs wrote:
> server IS NOT loading its configuration
>
> Im concerned about the line at the bottom stating server is NOT loading its
> configurtation to which im assuming is the named.conf file, why does say
> this? as far as i can tell,..my name server is running fine, is this
> something i should be worried about...??

No.

FAQ.

When the server starts, it loads its configuration.  At that time, that
line reads "server IS loading its configuration."  When it's done, it
os no longer loading its configuration.  Then and after, the line reads
"server IS NOT loading its configuration."

I would be worried if it were perpetually loading its configuration -
because then it would never get around to actually performing its
function.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B