ipv6 config

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Thu Dec 21 13:54:21 UTC 2000

At 08:00 AM 12/21/00 , a Special guy wrote:

>hi.
>im trying to configure bind9.1.0b1 for ipv6, and am having no luck,
specifically with reverse lookups.
>ive found countless examples on the internet but none seem to work.
>
>if someone could please send me a _complete_ example (named.conf and zone
files) id be grateful.

>or if anyone wants to delve into my problem, the errors i get when loading
named are:

>named: listening on IPv4 interface xxxx
>(why no IPv6 interface listed here? its mentioned in named.conf at
'listen-on')

		From the release notes:

		On some systems, IPv6 and IPv4 sockets interact in
		unexpected ways.  For details, see doc/misc/ipv6.
		To reduce the impact of these problems, the server
		no longer listens for requests on IPv6 addresses
		by default.  If you need to accept DNS queries over
		IPv6, you must specify "listen-on-v6 { any; };"
		in the named.conf options statement.

			Danny