master bind 8 <-> slave bind 4

Len Conrad lconrad at Go2France.com
Thu Dec 21 18:09:02 UTC 2000

>MASTER BIND8 under Linux
>SLAVE  BIND4 under AIX
>
>The 2 computers are on the same 192.168.76.0 network.
>
>When updating my BIND8, the BIND4 is notify but got the error :
>
>Err/TO lors de l'obtention du num=E9ro de s=E9rie pour "chenais.net"
>        when getting serial number for "chenais.net"  (little translation
>:-)

>Any idea ???

sure, check ip connectivity between the two, esp from ns4 to ns0,=20
have you included ns4 ip in the allow-transfer of ns0 options, is ns0=20
running mutiple ip's and/or interfaces and is it listen-on the ip=20
where ns4 is talking? , etc, etc.

Len

http://BIND8NT.MEIway.com : Binary for ISC BIND 8.2.3 T9B for NT4 & W2K
http://IMGate.MEIway.com  : Build free, hi-perf, anti-spam mail gateways