Bind compilation error

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Wed Dec 27 23:01:42 UTC 2000

Before my response, a comment on usage.

> To: "B. Rawls" <postmaster at localhost.localdomain>

The above is really considered very anti-social by many of the people
who habitually answer questions on this mailing list.  This IS a
mailing list, even though you read it through the newsgroup gateway
[which started working again as a special Christmas present from the
moderator].  To not have working e-mail addresses is really counter-
intuitive, counter-productive, and just wrong.  While I understand the
pain felt by anyone who has been spammed by posting to an alt.* or
other newsgroup, this mailing list / newsgroup has produced remarkably
little or no SPAM in my mailbox, and I always use my correct name and
address above and below.  [This is NOT an invitation.]

On Sat, Dec 23, 2000 at 05:28:40PM +0000, B. Rawls wrote:

> Has anyone run in to the error below while compiling bind-8-P7 on SunOS 5.5
> Generic i86pc i386 i86pc?

Maybe bind-8.2.2-P7?

> gcc -g -O2   -o addr addr.o \
>         ../../lib/libbind.a -ll -lnsl -lsocket
> /usr/local/i386-pc-solaris2.5/bin/ld: addr: Not enough room for program
> headers (allocated 5, need 6)
> /usr/local/i386-pc-solaris2.5/bin/ld: final link failed: Bad value
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Purely at a guess, are you close to out of space on that disk drive?

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B