CNAME invalid - why?

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Tue Feb 1 02:08:44 UTC 2000

	If you posted an unedited error message and complete zone file
	we might be able to help you.  Otherwise you need to search
	for the confilicting records yourself.

	The error means that named detected a CNAME and some other RR
	type with the same name.  This is illegal.

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc. / Internet Software Consortium
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at nominum.com