Can't resolve MX

Fernando Ronci fernando at waycom.com.ar
Wed Feb 2 14:51:47 UTC 2000

Hi,

I am experiencing a weird problem with two domains.
These domains are delegated to the same ISP.
The problem is that my DNS doesn't resolve their MX
record. Only MX. It's not a routing problem as I can
perfectly trace/ping any host within their network.
I have a ton of mails in the queue as my sendmail failed
to get the MX record.
Here goes a query to my DNS using nslookup: (server1.waycom.com.ar)
One of the domains I'm having trouble to get its MX record
is cresud.com.ar

> set type=mx
> cresud.com.ar
Server:  server1.waycom.com.ar
Address:  200.41.237.2

*** Request to server1.waycom.com.ar timed-out
> set type=any
> cresud.com.ar
Server:  server1.waycom.com.ar
Address:  200.41.237.2

Non-authoritative answer:
cresud.com.ar   nameserver = ns.datamarkets.com
cresud.com.ar   nameserver = ns.datamarkets.com.ar

cresud.com.ar   nameserver = ns.datamarkets.com
cresud.com.ar   nameserver = ns.datamarkets.com.ar
ns.datamarkets.com      internet address = 207.234.164.2
ns.datamarkets.com.ar   internet address = 200.32.3.129

Pretty strange. I will appreciate if someone can shed some
light on where the problem can be. (I'm using BIND 4.9.2)

Thank you very much,

Fernando Ronci
E-mail: fernando at waycom.com.ar

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/