Problems with dynamic updates to slave servers

Cricket Liu cricket at acmebw.com
Thu Feb 3 16:19:26 UTC 2000

> NOTIFY is enabled, but the SOA serialnumber is not incremented, so the
slave
> won't be updated even on the refresh interval.
> Do the SOA serialnumber have to be incremented for every new dynamic
update to
> get the slave to pick up the new record ?

Receipt of a dynamic update should automatically increment the zone's serial
number, within five minutes or the next 99 updates.  If your serial number
isn't
being incremented, I'm not sure what to suggest.

cricket

Acme Byte & Wire
cricket at acmebw.com
www.acmebw.com

Attend the next Internet Software Consortium/Acme Byte & Wire
DNS and BIND class!  See www.acmebw.com/training.htm for
the schedule and to register for upcoming classes.