DNS Statistic Tools?

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Feb 3 22:21:48 UTC 2000

Personally, I prefer to compile my stats from the query log instead of
named.stats. I like to know what names are being queried, not just how many
queries of each type I'm getting. This helps me to nip client/application
problems in the bud before my servers get overwhelmed by them. It also
gives me a better feel for how horrendously wasteful searchlists are, and
how many misconfigured MicroSoft boxes we have sending bogus SRV queries.

- Kevin