Bind 8.2.2 P5 hanging up...

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri Feb 4 22:21:03 UTC 2000

Just because "Cleaned cache" is the last messages you see in the logs
before the failure doesn't necessarily mean that it's related to the
lock-up problem. Turn on debugging and that will give you a better idea
of what it was doing prior to the failure.

It does seem from the number of reports that there is some sort of
chronic problem with 8.2.2-p5 on Linux (what flavor/version of Linux, by
the way, you didn't specify?). If ISC isn't already actively on the
trail of this, then maybe some debugging output might help track down
the problem...

- Kevin