Secondary NS

Thor Kottelin thor at anta.net
Mon Feb 7 11:29:17 UTC 2000

BIND Users Mailing List wrote:

> From: Shashi Dahal <mail at shashee.wlink.com.np>

> I have two name servers, ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com
>
> when I add entries and create zone files in ns1.mydomain.com , they
> are not automatically upgraded in ns2.mydomain.com.
>
> Are there some additional settings or  do I have to create the zone files
> manually ?

The zone files need to be created on the primary server, which must also
allow zone transfers from the secondaries. The secondaries then need to be
configured to pull the zones from the primary.

I wonder why mydomain.com, of all domains, seems to have so much trouble
running their DNS...

Thor

--
My PGP public key is available on key servers - please use it!

Powerful, automated web hosting: <http://www.virtualis.com/vr/tkotteli/>