Bind 8.2.2p5 on NT

Axthelm Thomas Axthelm at INTERCHIP.de
Tue Feb 8 16:20:40 UTC 2000

Hi all,

I have problems to build a Bind-DNS 8.2.2p5 on a Windows NT machine without
having a previous version of Bind running on it.

I compiled all the src-files under src\winnt with Visual C++, 6.0.
As the result I got unter bin\Debug  7 files:

 BINDCtrl.exe,
bindevt.dll,
BINDInstall.exe,
libbind.dll,
named.exe,
named-xfer.exe and
nsupdate.exe.

 I run the BINDInstall.exe and that created me the 4 exe-files under
C:\WINNT\system32\dns\bin and the 2 dll-s under C:\WINNT\System32.
There are no zone-db or cache or inaddr  nor named.conf - files at all in my
system.

My question is, how do I create these files and where I have to place these.

Any help or Links I would appreciate.

Thanks in advance,

Thomas Axthelm

Interchip AG