ctl_server error

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Mon Feb 14 19:26:20 UTC 2000

>>>>> "Jean-Charles" == FRANCES Jean-Charles <<Jean-Charles.FRANCES at total.com>(J-C. FRANCES)> writes:

    Jean-Charles> Hi, I use BIND v822p5 on Solaris 251, i've compiled
    Jean-Charles> Bind and when I launch the daemon, the syslog says :
    Jean-Charles> ctl_server: bind: No such file or directory

    Jean-Charles> But I can resolve names, does anyone could help me ?

You didn't use a controls{} statement in named.conf to define the
pathname of the UNIX domain socket ndc uses to communicate with named.
Or the pathname for that socket - it defaults to /usr/local/etc on
Solaris systems - points at some non-existent directory on your
server.