"Can't find server name" Error in nslookup

LourdesT at aol.com LourdesT at aol.com
Fri Feb 18 02:58:52 UTC 2000

When I use nslookup, I get error message "Can't find server name for address
192.168.1.50; server failed" and shows default server as localhost and
address as 127.0.0.1.  I am running BIND 8.2.2p5 on Solaris 2.7.  If anyone
has experience in troubleshooting this message, please let me know which
config file(s) I need to re-examine.  I've configured resolv.conf as follows:

nameserver 192.168.1.50
nameserver 127.0.0.1
domainname invest.jlic.com

I didn't modify nsswitch.conf and just used the existing nsswitch.conf in
/etc.

Thanks.