Restricting Zone transfers on NT

brendan me at you.net
Fri Feb 18 07:47:18 UTC 2000

OK, this isn't a BINd question, but after two days of no response on the
windowsnt.dns newsgroup, I thought I'd try my luck here.
We're running two BIND 8 servers, but have an NT server as a backup.  I've
restricted it on the bind servers, but NT's interface is in the true
"MAC-like" spirit of GUIs that are so easy to use, they lack much of the
functionality of bind.  Anyway, no crap responses please, I'm not a sad
little NT user who's stubled into the BIND newsgroup, just thought someone
out there might have encountered the same problems?

Original posting:

Is there a way to limit the hosts allowed to pull zone transfers from the NT
server, its easy as pie on BIND, but I can't even find a reference to it in
the "Windows NT DNS" book...so sad