Problems with DNS

Jack Marissen marisj at uniserve.com
Sat Feb 19 18:27:11 UTC 2000

Hello all.

I am new at all this finer stuff on the Internet.  Up to now we had an
outside company host our site.  Recently we set up our own server and
obtained a static IP address.  We have set up our web pages on this
server.  We next went to The Public DNS at soa at granitecanyon.com and
entered the following data:

credochs.org. IN SOA ns1.granitecanyon.com. marisj.uniserve.com.
credochs.org.  IN  NS ns1.granitecanyon.com.
credochs.org.  IN  NS ns2.granitecanyon.com.

credochs.org.  IN  RP marisj.uniserve.com. marisj.credochs.org.
credochs.org.  IN  RP aikemd.marissen.net. aikemd.credochs.org.
credochs.org.  IN  RP vandesc.marissen.net. vandesc.credochs.org.

marisj.credochs.org. IN TXT #Jack Marissen#
aikemd.credochs.org.  IN TXT #David Aikema#
vandesc.credochs.org.  IN TXT #Scott Vandermolen#

localhost.credochs.org.   IN  A  127.0.0.1

credochs.org.  IN  A  216.232.127.179
www.credochs.org.  IN CNAME credochs.org.

*.credochs.org.  IN  MX  10 mail.credochs.org. ; GLOBALOK

We then went to Network Solutions at www.networksolutions.com and
changed the domain servers to the following:
NS1.GRANITECANYON.COM        205.166.226.38
NS2.GRANITECANYON.COM        216.17.165.20

Now nothing seems to work.  Typing http://credochs.org  or
http://www.credochs.org  produces an error message of being unable to
find the server.  An nslookup at the DOS prompt yields a time-out
error.  Typing http://216.232.127.179 does bring me to a default page of
the site so I know that the server is working.

Why won't the names of credochs.org  or www.credochs.org  resolve?

Thanks.

Jack