cannot do reverse mapping

Thor Kottelin thor at anta.net
Mon Feb 21 12:14:49 UTC 2000

BIND Users Mailing List wrote:

> From: "Hello World" <hello at world.com>

> i am using bind 8 and i have a primary dns for the network 202.XXX.YYY.ZZZ.
> now i host another domain 137.aaa.bbb.ccc the hostname can be resolved to ip
> address but not the reverse. i have include the db.137.bbb file but seems
> only work in my own server. what should i do?

You should ddd eee fff the ggg hhh iii.

Seriously, you need to make sure that your ISP has delegated the reverse
authority for your network to your name servers. Since you don't tell us
any details, we're unable to investigate the matter for you.

Thor

--
If you send me mail, please use PGP.
My public key is available on key servers.

For web hosting, see <URL:http://www.virtualis.com/vr/tkotteli/>.