Windows 2000 interoperability with BIND 8.2.2.5

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Wed Feb 23 21:16:03 UTC 2000

	BIND checks the RR's being added to a zone to see if they
	comform to the current policy level w.r.t. the use of
	illegal hostnames in a RR for this zone.  See check-names.

	Now Window2000 tries to create a illegal hostname
	gc._msdcs.zzz.com and BIND rejects this in its default
	configuration.  You should really be asking MS why the W2k
	box is deliberatly ignoring RFC 952 when it chooses this name.

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc. / Internet Software Consortium
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at nominum.com