Host name format

Mark Englund menglund at icon.co.za
Thu Jan 6 23:32:41 UTC 2000

Hi Ashwin,

I am using bind 4.9.7 and an _ (underscore)is not allowed in a fully
qualified host name. Some unix systems will allow you to create such names
in a /etc/hosts file without complaining , but as soon as you switch to
using a DNS, it will complain about these errors.

Try change all your underscores (_) to dashes (-) .

Regards

news:38716123.C9ADCCD0 at mailcity.com...