[Eeek - .NU Domains using Ö, Ä, Å, Ü, Ñ - And More]

Bryan Fullerton bryanf at samurai.com
Fri Jan 7 00:00:28 UTC 2000

FYI, on the topic of illegal characters...

Bryan

----- Forwarded message from Kai Schlichting <kai at pac-rim.net> -----

Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 17:53:39 -0500
To: nanog at merit.net
From: Kai Schlichting <kai at pac-rim.net>
Subject:
 Eeek - .NU Domains using Ö, Ä, Å, Ü, Ñ - And More

Fellow NANOG readers,

The following is sure to
a.) break a lot of things DNS, Mail and Web-wise
b.) have major impact in the form of confused customers calling
     your customer service departments
c.) will hopefully fail.

If the .NU people think they can undo RFC 1035 section 2.3.1
(see http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1035.html ) and bury interoperability
at large for nothing else but sleazily gaining some commercial advantage
in the registrar business, they are *so* wrong.

bye,Kai

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Bryan Fullerton                http://www.samurai.com/