MX record in diffrent domains points to the same mail server

erik.andersen at lasat.com erik.andersen at lasat.com
Fri Jan 7 08:59:29 UTC 2000

---------------------- Forwarded by Erik Sørup Andersen/INT on 07-01-2000 09:57
---------------------------

Erik Sørup Andersen
07-01-2000 09:53

To:   jsayra at ssa.siemens.es
cc:

Subject:  Re: MX record in diffrent domains points to the same mail server
      (Document link not converted)

jsayra at ssa.siemens.es on 07-01-2000 09:12:35

To:   bind-users at isc.org
cc:    (bcc: Erik Sørup Andersen/INT)

-------------- next part --------------

This is the scenario:

- Three domains: domainA.com, domainB.com and domainC.com. and I am
authority all of them.
- The three domains are servered by the same name server.
- One mail server in domainA.com as mailsvr.domainA.com

I want all the MX records in the three domains point to the mail server in
domainA.com. Something like that:

- db.domainA file:  "domainA.com.  MX  10  mailsvr.domainA.com."
- db.domainB file:  "domainB.com.  MX  10  mailsvr.domainA.com."
- db.domainC file:  "domainC.com.  MX  10  mailsvr.domainA.com."

Is this possible such solution?

Yes!

Have I to put a glue record in the db.domainB and db.domainC files for the
mailsvr.domainA.com record?

No!. The IP-address for the mail server will be looked up the usual way.
Glue records are used in combination with NS records.

Regards,
JSAyra

Regards
Erik Andersen