Unapproved update?

James Raftery james-bind-users at banba.ucd.ie
Fri Jan 7 13:39:15 UTC 2000

On Fri, Jan 07, 2000 at 10:31:46AM +0200, Kim Halavakoski wrote:
> So is this just a warning, that someone tried to do a dynamic update, but didn't
> succeed?

Yep!

> I believe that those IP:s might be running NT or even Windows 2000 for
> testing...so is this Windows trying to do dynamic DNS updates or what?

In my experience it's the commonest source of spurious update attempts.
I finally got a look at W2K last week and it seems to attempt dynamic
updates by default. Grr.

Regards,

james
--
James Raftery (JBR54) - Programmer Hostmaster   IE Domain Registry
Preferred Contact by Email: hostmaster at ucd.ie   UCD Computing Services