Problems transferring zones to ISP's secondary

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Fri Jan 7 16:22:55 UTC 2000

In article <30A9151AF29DD311BBAB00805FA7028D07B5EA at DER-LON-MSG-01.derwent.co.uk>,
Tindall, Mark <MTindall at Derwent.co.uk> wrote:
>Hello,
>
>we currently have the control of two domains - derwent.co.uk and
>www.derwent-discovery.com - which are both registered with our DNS server as
>the primary and our ISP's as the secondary. The derwent.co.uk domain is
>transferring it's zones across to our ISP's with no problems and we can
>query their servers successfully. The derwent-discovery.com domain on the
>other hand is not transferring at all. The zone files for both of the
>domain's exist on our primary DNA server so I know there is no problem with
>the connection. I have tried setting up temporary internal DNA servers and
>running zone transfers for both domains, with success for the derwent.co.uk
>domain but nothing for the derwent-discovery.com domain. This indicates a
>problems with the zone files but I cannot see where they are. I have
>attached the named.conf file and the zone file which are used to this
>message. Any help that someone could give me with this problem would me much
>appreciated.

The files you attached looked OK to me.  My first guess is that maybe the
file's name doesn't match what it says in the named.conf file.

Have you checked the log file on the primary server to see if it issues any
warnings about this zone when you start up named?

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com