move my dns from the ISP

apple apple at noemail.com
Sun Jan 9 09:39:38 UTC 2000

well, thanks Criket Liu for writing such wonderful DNS book, and now I am
all excited and want to host our own dns
currently, our ISP is our primary and secondary, and I want to be the
primary now and let our ISP be the secondary.

1. "ls" used to work and list the whole file, but on dns8, it is disabled,
is there an way that I can see the whole zone file again?

2. if I want to be the primary, what information do I need to change ?
- authorative server on SOA record
- named.conf to change the master and slave

do I need to change the TTL and refresh rate? or I need to negotiate with my
ISP?

thanks!

apple