Need help with a STRANGE configuration

Chris A. Henesy lurker at angband.org
Mon Jan 10 18:16:21 UTC 2000

I am looking for some help setting up BIND in a pretty strange way.  My
companies internal DNS server (over which I have no control) thinks that
it is the one and only root DNS server in the world.

Our network/firewall has been configured to allow my box (running linux
and BIND) to directly query our ISP's DNS servers (I can put the ISP's DNS
servers in resolv.conf and do a nslookup on internet domain names)

What I would like to do is set up BIND on my box so that it is a cacheing
nameserver that forwards requests for machines in mydomain.com,
subdomain.mydomain.com, moresubdomains.mydomain.com, etc., to our internal
DNS server, and requests for all other domains to the ISP's DNS server.
(My machine itself will store no zonefiles)

How should I go about this?

Thanks!
Chris