not appending local domainname?

temp at mail.ccminfo.nl temp at mail.ccminfo.nl
Tue Jan 11 21:01:47 UTC 2000

Hi,
I got two mailservers, one configured as an unknown local user relay, the other one somewhere far inside the local network.

On the unknown local user relay runs bind.

When someone sends a message with a mistake (e.g. wxs.n in stead of wxs.nl ) the nameserver on the unknown local user relay appends the local domainname and then sendmail looks up the MX records, finding that it points back to itself, and sends an error email to root.

I am root, and I don't like error emails.

Is it possible to configure bind NOT to append the local domainname to a name which cannot be found?

Cheers,
Jeroen.