syntax error

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Tue Jan 11 17:45:36 UTC 2000

In article <387AD911.70E9264F at noemail.com>,
Applepie  <applepie at noemail.com> wrote:
>HI..
>when I started my named, the following errors showed up
>
>Jan  9 00:27:47  named[4232]: Zone "90.217.207.in-addr.arpa" (file
>207.217.90): No default TTL set using SOA minimum instead
>Jan  9 00:27:47 marici named[4233]: Ready to answer queries.
>
>but, I have the following records, so what am I missing?

You don't specify TTL's for either of those entries, and you don't have a
$TTL statement to set the default TTL.  So it's falling back to the old
behavior of using the Minimum field of the SOA record as the default.  If
you add the $TTL statement at the beginning of the file you'll solve your
problem.

This question is answered at least once a week here, so you should have
been able to find it with a simple Deja search, and it's also answered in
the "Hints on Configuring BIND 8.2.2" page on the ISC web page,
<http://www.isc.org/products/BIND/docs/config_hints.html>.  Why don't
people do a little research before posting?

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com