Problems with the resolver nslookup

jsayra at ssa.siemens.es jsayra at ssa.siemens.es
Wed Jan 12 09:28:25 UTC 2000

This is the steps:

1. Create a new domain in the primary name server (v4.9.4)
2. Restart the primary name server
3. Execute "nslookup" locally and everything works fine (The first
nameserver directive in the resolv.conf is 127.0.0.1)

4 Create the the same above domain in the secondary nameserver (v4.9.4)as
secondary
5. Restart the secondary name server
6. Execute "nslookup" locally and the resolver goes to the primary
nameserver for resolving, this is the second directive in the resolv.conf
file. The resolv.conf file in the secondary nameserver is:

    nameserver 127.0.0.1
    nameserver primary-NS-IP-address

After 4 or 5 hours the nslookup in the secondary begins to resolv locally
with itself.

Others test:

- When the secondary is restarted, nslookup from other machine works fine,
so the nameserver in the secondary has no problem, the problem is the
resolver in the secondary (I guess)
- The firts directive in the secondary resolv.conf file has change from
127.0.0.1 to secondary-NS-IP-address and the problem is the same.

I know about the bug about 127.0.0.1, but if I change the IP the problem
doesn't disappear. Any suggestion?

Best regards,
JSAyra