Synchronization problem

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Jan 20 00:32:07 UTC 2000

Steffen Steck wrote:

> Next problem i have:
> This morning my secondary dns on winnt4sp5 logged serveral 6527 errors
> (saying that zones are no more available...). Now i want to synchronize
> my secondary dns with my primary (on HP-UX) manually and get an error
> 6525 (the same was logged before the 6527 event...) saying :
> Zone transfer request for secondary zone domain.de refused by master DNS
>
> server at ipadress.
> Has anybody any ideas?
> Everything worked fine the whole time till 9 am this
> morning. Permissions on the UX machine are also fine, the DNS on this
> machine also.
> Thanx in advance

 Looks like a problem on the master. Are any of the other slaves (if
any) having any problems with zone transfers of the zone? On your slave,
try doing a non-recursive, TCP AXFR query for the domain from the master.
The error you get back should help you troubleshoot the problem. If you're
not getting any kind of error back, then there is something wrong with your
nameserver.