can't sync two slaves to master

Len Conrad lconrad at Go2France.com
Thu Jan 20 15:40:57 UTC 2000

additional info:

turned on logging and in both the FreeBSD non-syncing slaves, I get:

"Err/TO getting serial# for ....." for every slave zone.

What's that and how to fix it?

Len

Got one 8.1 master on FreeBSD, and three identical (pov named.conf) slaves,
two on 8.1 FreeBSD an one on 8.2.2 NT.

I can delete the db.DOMAIN files on the NT machines, restart BIND/NT, and
it pulls them again from master.

I cannot get this same action with the 8.1 slaves on FreeBSD.  While the
db.DOMAIN files were created on these two slaves at some point, deleting them
and ndc reload or kill -HUP on the master or slaves does not get the two
8.1 FreeBSD slaves to pull over the slave zones.  Now what?

Len