Advice on Internal Domain Names

Mark Taylor nobody at nowhere.com
Tue Jan 25 11:16:45 UTC 2000

Hi

I want some advice on how to name my internal domains.  We have a registered
Domain Name (foo.co.uk for this example), and I need to break it down for my
internal branches.

The plan is to do a follows:

Internet

foo.co.uk

Firewall

intranet.foo.co.uk

branch1.intranet.foo.co.uk ... branch50.intranet.foo.co.uk

This will put all our internet servers on "visible" foo.co.uk.  Everything
on our intranet will be "non-visible" intranet.foo.co.uk.

Is this the recommend approach to naming internal domains ?

Thanks in advance (sorry about the length of the post)

Mark Taylor