How do I host my own website??

Joe Schiavone Joe at Schiavone.org
Tue Jan 25 10:26:36 UTC 2000

Yup, very wise words.  Not only will you have more reliability, you will
be operating on your windows NT/98/95 or whatever box behind
a sort of built in firewall.  With the configuration that Alex describes,
you can hook up multiple machines, whatever operating system
you desire to your linux (or other UNIX flavor) box.    The idea is
that you will end up with an intrAnet hooked to the intErnet via the
linux box.  I have the configuration described, but use Solaris x86
in lieu of linux.   Another important point that should be made.
The COST for all of the SOFTWARE in your UNIX environment
may be had for FREE vs NT costing you plenty for the entire
gammet, including the firewall protection that you will require if you
opt for NT.

    Happy net'in....