Bind8 and *.domain.td

Svenne Krap usenet at krap.dk
Tue Jan 25 14:22:38 UTC 2000

Hi there,

I have a question about the legality of an entry.
The reason I ask is, that we are building a new service, and our
nameservers will have 101 domains. This is not the problem, the
problem is, that it will not use the 100 of them without a subdomain,
and there will be up to 2.2 million of them!

I have seen, that some ppl are setting up records like

krap.dk.      IN A    194.239.148.35
*.krap.dk.    IN A    194.239.148.35

Is the second line (*.krap.dk) valid (due to RFC's or internal Bind8
architecture) ? I know it works, but is it standard ?

Our webserver can handle the request much more easily if *.domain.td
is legal.

Thanks in advance

Svenne Krap

P.s. please CC to my email, I can (even though I follow all subscribed
newsgroups) miss it here.